The Water World Amusement Park in Denver, Colorado may bring to mind images of the sci-fi film starring Kevin Costner, but it only shares a similar name with the post-apocalyptic saga. Visitors to this wet and wild water park are guaranteed plenty of fun at one of America's biggest water parks.
About Water World Amusement Park in Denver, Colorado
This Denver family-friendly location is a great way to cool off from the summer heat, but it's not just any little water park. At one point, Water World could claim to be the country's biggest water park, but now it is one of the biggest - and the best. It made the Travel Channel's list of "Best Water Parks in America," landing at the number seven spot, which is no small accomplishment. The 64-acre park includes a large variety of water attractions for all ages as well as reasonably priced food to get hungry guests through the day.
Water World's Attractions
Of course, the water rides are what make this park a huge attraction, including:
- Voyage to the Center of the Earth - The star of Water World is an enclosed tube ride that spans over a quarter of a mile. Ranked as one of America's top 5 amusement rides by USA Today, guests won't want to miss the opportunity to hop in a tube boat for a wild ride that includes an earthquake, dinosaurs and a spiraling plunge to the center of the earth.
- Bermuda Triangle - A standard body slide that doesn't disappoint, riders should select the middle enclosed flume for the ultimate thrill - a 60 foot drop!
- Wally World - Young children can't get enough of this pool playground, built just for smaller guests' size.
- Calypso Cove - Kid size fun awaits, with dump buckets, waterfalls and slides that provide plenty of wet excitement.
- The Funhouse - The first water funhouse ever, this attraction is sure to evoke plenty of gleeful squeals from park visitors. The H2Orena area pits teams against one another, shooting at targets with water cannons to drench their opponents.
- Lazy River - A staple of most water parks, the river gives visitors a chance to relax and gently roll along.
- Lost River of the Pharaohs - A fun raft ride for the whole family, with a decidedly Egyptian theme.
- River Country - This area is dedicated to tube riding fun, with four single person rides and two two-person inner tube rides. The Ragin' Colorado family tube ride is located in River Country.
- Wave Pools - Captain Jack's and Thunder Bay wave pools give guests the cool thrill of the ocean… in Denver!
- The Revolution - This dizzying ride sends guests down a chute before spinning them around a vortex in a giant bowl and spitting them out at the bottom.
- Flatline, Redline and Pipeline - Guests who are seeking the ultimate thrill shouldn't miss the highest water slides in the world, reaching speeds up to 40 miles per hour.
Guests may also enjoy a scenic ride above the park via gondola on the Funhouse Express, Water World's aerial tramway.
Water World has one of those theme park rarities -- great food at fair prices. Pizza, hamburgers, sandwiches and snacks abound, with plenty of affordable options to quench your hunger. Don't forget to grab a funnel cake or cool off with ice cream! Guests also have the option of bringing their own food into the park for a picnic, another rare occurrence for large parks.
Visiting Water World Amusement Park
Water World Amusement Park in Denver, Colorado is open from May through Labor Day, providing plenty of summer fun for visiting guests.
With all of the water thrills at Water World, the ticket pricing is not too expensive, especially with options for additional discounts. Children ages 3 and under are free, while children 47 inches and under pay $29 for full day admission. Visitors 48 inches and taller pay $34. Senior citizens as well as Hyland Hills and Westminster area residents receive additional discounts. Parking is free.
Consider a Water World Splash Pass for additional season pass savings. Splash passes are available for adults for $90 and $85 for children. The special Big Kahuna Pass (available to add on to a regular pass for $30) gives guests a variety of discounts plus a free day pass for one guest and a free tube rental. Pick up additional savings with specially marked Pepsi cans or by visiting local area restaurants for discounts. Additional Water World discounts can be found at their website.
For more information about Water World amusement park in Denver, Colorado, including a park map and ticket information, interested individuals can visit the official website at WaterWorldColorado.com, call 303-427-SURF, or write to the park at: Water World Guest Services
1800 W. 89th Ave.
Federal Heights, CO 80260