Taking advantage of discount Cedar Point passes is a great way to plan a budget-friendly theme park getaway and still have all the benefits of visiting this world-class amusement park. Cedar Point discounts are sometimes hard to find, but there are alternative ways to make a visit to Cedar Point more affordable.
Finding Cedar Point Discounts
Unlike many theme parks, Cedar Point amusement park does not offer many ways for interested visitors to find discounted admission tickets and passes. While the park is affordable - one-day admission is $43 per adult - ticket prices can add up quickly for families and groups. There are several ways to find discounted tickets, however.
- Local Discounts: Stores such as Meijer and DrugMart offer discounted tickets for sale. While each discount may only be a few dollars, the savings can add up.
- AAA Tickets: Members of AAA can purchase discount Cedar Point passes from their local AAA offices.
- Group Sales: Lower ticket prices are available for large groups, and because of that affordability Cedar Point is a popular destination for school trips, church groups, family reunions, and corporate events.
- Season Passes: A regular Cedar Point season pass is a great option for anyone who plans to visit the park several times. While pass prices are not usually discounted, the savings from repeated visits adds up to a hefty discount over the summer.
- Pepsi Promotions: Cedar Point serves Pepsi products, and specially marked Pepsi soda cans are good for discounted admission tickets.
Go Platinum for Discount Cedar Point Passes
The best deal on Cedar Point tickets is to purchase a Cedar Fair Platinum Pass. Not only does this annual pass provide admission to the park for the entire season, but individuals with platinum passes can also get in free to more than a dozen additional Cedar Fair theme parks and outdoor water parks throughout the country, including Carowinds, Knott's Berry Farm, Michigan's Adventure, Worlds of Fun, Soak City near Cedar Point, and more. Platinum passholders also enjoy other benefits, such as:
- Free parking, saving $10 per visit
- Early entrance to the park with limited open rides
- Exclusive passholder ride nights throughout the season
- Dining and merchandise discounts
- VIP show seating
- Challenge Park discounts on go karts, miniature golf, and thrill attractions
- Passholder Appreciation Day with meal deals, a scavenger hunt, and exclusive ride times on Raptor, Magnum XL 200, and other roller coasters
Platinum passes are $150 for adults and $90 for children and senior citizens and can be purchased at any Cedar Fair park, including Cedar Point. While no discounts are generally offered for these exclusive passes, after just four visits guests will be saving substantial amounts over regular admission prices.
Alternative Cedar Point Discounts
If a season pass is not the best option for your Cedar Point visit, there are other ways to find discounts, such as:
- Tickets sold through eBay or other online auction sites
- Cedar point coupons available from Ohio tourism bureaus and directly from the park
- Cedar Point packages that include discount tickets, attraction vouches, hotel stays, and more
- Starlight tickets to enjoy an evening at the park for a discounted rate
- Two day tickets for two consecutive days of thrills for a lower price than two individual tickets
- Combination tickets with Soak City or the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland for lower prices than tickets purchased individually
- Planning a visit to take advantage of lower crowds and make the most of all the park has to offer
- Staying at one of the hotels at Cedar Point to enjoy early entry and other resort privileges
While there are no easy ways to find discount Cedar Point passes, there are many affordable options for admission tickets and other benefits that can make a Cedar Point visit the ultimate summer getaway.