There are many hotels and motels near SeaWorld San Diego, California for travelers to choose from. Everything from cheap, no-frills motels to expensive, luxury resorts surround one of San Diego's most visited attractions.
Accommodations Near SeaWorld San Diego, California
There are many types of hotel, motel, and resort properties located near SeaWorld San Diego. One is bound to suit your expectations and price range.
Luxury Resort Properties
Luxury resorts typically offer the most amenities, but they don't always come cheap. Rates for most of the luxury resorts in the SeaWorld San Diego area start around $200 to $300 a night. Be on the lookout for additional charges like resort fees, paid Internet, and overnight parking fees.
- Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa - The Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa is one of the few San Diego luxury hotels that offers free Wi-Fi. Book one of the Hilton's signature spa services or, if you have to catch up on work, there is a 24-hour business center. Hilton does not charge a resort fee and - in addition to its proximity to SeaWorld - is located near a number of other attractions, including Petco Park, Balboa Park, and the San Diego Zoo. If you have to combine business with pleasure, the Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa is the perfect choice since it's located within walking distance of the San Diego Convention Center.
- Paradise Point - For the ultimate in luxurious getaways, consider Paradise Point. It's a 44-acre private island located near SeaWorld and has five swimming pools, beach bonfire pits, an award-winning spa, five dining venues, and ample water sports activities. This property is a world away from the chaos of other neighboring SeaWorld hotels.
- Bahia Resort - Bahia Resort is another luxury hotel and resort on Mission Bay. Enjoy a complimentary evening cruise on a turn-of-the-century sternwheeler, or enjoy a Brazilian-Carnival-style celebration on Thursday nights. If you want to keep healthy while on holiday, check out the fitness center or enjoy a game of tennis at the on-site courts.
- Loews Coronado Bay - Located on a 15-acre private peninsula between San Diego and Coronado Village, the Loews Coronado Bay is one of the area's most popular luxury spa resorts, and for good reason. It has a full-service marina, luxurious spa, multiple tennis courts, three pools, an outdoor fire pit, and even gondolas you can rent. For your little ones, Loews has a special Kids' Club and Teen Lounge. The resort also features family-oriented pools, organized recreational activities, and kid-friendly dining.
Mid-range properties often feature important benefits, such as free Wi-Fi and onsite parking. Mid-range hotels tend to run over $100 a night, but typically cost less than $200.
- Wyndham Garden San Diego - Wyndham Garden San Diego offers a blend of business and mid-range luxury amenities. It's also located close to other area attractions, including Old Town San Diego State Park and Old Town Trolley Tours. Complimentary Wi-Fi and parking are included, and Wyndham Garden San Diego has an outdoor pool and a local shuttle (with a surcharge). Wyndham features several room styles, including a kid's mini suite with a king size bed and two bunk beds.
- Ramada Limited SeaWorld - Ramada Limited SeaWorld is a simple, mid-range property close to SeaWorld and the University of San Diego. It offers free parking, complimentary Wi-Fi, and a free continental breakfast. It's a smaller Ramada property, with only 63 rooms, and all of the rooms have refrigerators.
- Holiday Inn Express San Diego-SeaWorld - Holiday Inn Express San Diego-SeaWorld has 70 rooms. Each room has a refrigerator and microwave, which is ideal if you need to heat up quick bites for the kids. Complimentary Wi-Fi, a breakfast buffet, and self-parking are included. There is a small business center and an outdoor pool and spa tub.
Budget-friendly chains like Comfort Inn and Howard Johnson are typically in the $100 per night range. Both are recognizable chains with solid reputations. Other budget/economy properties, like Heritage Inn, are typically priced under $100 a night.
- Comfort Inn San Diego Hotel Circle - For a simple lodging option, Comfort Inn San Diego Hotel Circle is close to SeaWorld, the San Diego Zoo, Presidio Park, and the University of San Diego. Free Wi-Fi is included. Comfort Inn charges for parking, though, so factor that in to the nightly rate. The budget-friendly hotel includes an outdoor pool and spa.
- Howard Johnson Inn San Diego SeaWorld - Howard Johnson Inn SeaWorld offers a number of complimentary amenities, including in-room refrigerators, microwaves, and Wi-Fi. If you plan to fly into San Diego, Howard Johnson offers a complimentary airport shuttle (during limited hours) and a theme park shuttle (with a surcharge). There is also an outdoor pool on the property.
- Heritage Inn - One of the lowest cost options near SeaWorld, Heritage Inn includes free Wi-Fi and parking for budget-minded travelers. The property also accepts pets, so it is a great choice if you plan on traveling with your two or four-legged friends.
Choosing the Best Accommodations
Choosing accommodations can be a challenge when planning a trip to SeaWorld San Diego. Travelers should weigh several factors based on importance, including budget, the property's proximity to SeaWorld, and necessary hotel amenities.
California hotel prices can certainly be expensive, but there are a number of affordable options available. Hotel rates in San Diego typically run from $50 to $500 per night or more, depending on the property, time of year, and any special events such as concerts, conventions, and holidays that may increase demand for hotel rooms. If budget is the top criteria, look for SeaWorld California packages that include hotel rooms and park tickets at a reduced rate.
Do you want a scenic luxury resort on the waterfront, or would you prefer something cheaper and closer to SeaWorld instead? There are dozens of hotels and motels located less than five miles from SeaWorld, and some offer complimentary shuttle services. If you don't mind walking, there are lodging options even closer, which would eliminate dealing with possible traffic jams and parking fees.
Unless you're choosing a no-frills motel and only care about a place to lay your head at night, choosing a hotel has become more complicated thanks to the range of amenities offered. Airport shuttles, free breakfast, complimentary Wi-Fi, and onsite parking are just a few of the options available. Depending on the hotel, other amenities may include shuttles, pool and/or spa facilities, water sports rentals, and kids' clubs and activities. Consider which amenities you are most likely to use when making your selection.
Hotels and Motels to Meet Everyone's Needs
A good night's sleep is essential to a great theme park getaway, and there are many hotels and motels near SeaWorld in San Diego to choose among. No matter what your desired amenities, property preferences or budget may be, there is sure to be a spot that meets your needs perfectly.