Residents and guests in northern Georgia can enjoy a wide range of activities and amenities at Lake Sidney Lanier, including the Lake Lanier Beach water park.
About Lake Lanier
Lake Lanier is actually a man-made lake approximately 35 miles northeast of Atlanta that was formed when the Buford Dam was completed in 1956. The lake took three years to fill to capacity, and since then the surrounding area has been developed as a luxury resort and family-friendly getaway destination. The beach area first opened alongside a simple campground in 1974, and in 1987 the first waterslides and the iconic wave pool were added. In 1997 the water park was further expanded to include more comprehensive features, including dining and retail venues.
Lake Lanier Beach Water Park Attractions
Guests who visit the water park will not only enjoy the serene surroundings of the tremendous lake, but also the frenetic fun of the modern water park. Popular attractions include:
- Kiddie Lagoon: This child-friendly area features several play structures and fountains for the youngest guests to enjoy.
- Wiggle Waves: This child-sized wave pool lets young visitors splish and splash without danger.
- Wild Waves: This is Georgia's largest wave pool and the centerpiece attraction of the water park.
- The Fun Dunker: The more than 100 fountains, geysers, water guns, and other aquatic elements of this three story interactive structure are topped by a massive tipping bucket sure to drench everyone in the vicinity.
In addition to these attractions, the Lake Lanier Beach water park also features more than a dozen speed and serpentine water slides, including both inner tube and body versions as well as open and enclosed slides. Miniature golf and more than a half mile of sandy beach with multiple pavilions - perfect for all manner of water sports - round out the fun options at this park.
Guests can easily work up an appetite exploring the park's many fun activities, and they can enjoy a nice range of dining options to replenish their energy. Popular snacks such as Pizza Hut pizza, Icee frozen drinks, and Edy's ice cream can be found as well as a range of café and grill items.
Other Lake Lanier Islands Resort Features
The Lake Lanier Islands Resort is much more than just a beach and a water park, however. Situated on 1,100 acres, the resort includes many other attractions, such as:
- Horseback Riding: Lessons, trails, pony rides, and other equestrian options are available for everyone from novice to experienced riders.
- Golf: In addition to the miniature golf course in the water park, two full-scale golf courses are available.
- Spa Treatments: The modern spa facility offers a range of pampering options, including facials, massages, body polishing, hair removal, makeup, and nail treatments.
- Boat Rentals: Guests can rent different types of boats for yachting, fishing, and other water sports, as well as water ski equipment, inner tubes, and other necessities.
- Bike Rentals: A series of trails gives bikers a scenic view of the lake.
- Meeting Facilities: A well-equipped conference center is available and the resort is also capable of hosting private events such as weddings, reunions, or retreats.
Visiting Lake Lanier
With so much to do at "Georgia's Great Lake," guests will want to plan their visit to Lake Lanier carefully so they don't miss out on any fun activities.
Tickets and fees for different amenities (spa treatments, horseback riding, etc.) vary. The water park is open seasonally from early May through early September, and ticket prices are as follows:
- $26 per day for adults or $16 for children under 42 inches tall. Children under two years old are admitted free.
- Family and individual season passes are available with different features.
- Lockers, cabanas, inner tubes, and umbrellas are available to rent.
Guests can make a getaway out of their trip by indulging in the resort's luxurious accommodations that include an elite hotel as well as New England style lakeside cottages. Campsites are also available, and other hotels can be found in neighboring communities.
For more information about the Lake Lanier Beach water park and the Lake Lanier Islands Resort, prospective guess can visit the official website, call toll free to 1-800-840-LAKE, or write:
Lake Lanier Islands Resort
7000 Holiday Rd.
Lake Lanier Islands, GA 30518