Marineland Amusement Park in Canada is one theme park getaway that packs a lot of excitement, rides, attractions and animals into one place. With a tagline that boasts "Everyone loves Marineland," visitors won't want to miss out on this fun-filled Canadian amusement and marine park.
Marineland opened its gates in 1961 as a much smaller version of what the park is today. Then known as "Niagara Game Farm," the Niagara Falls area attraction was basically a zoo and petting zoo. The first marine animals were added several years later, and the name changed to "Niagara Marineland and Game Farm." The park was changed to "Marineland and Game Farm" in 1966, before becoming the more streamlined "Marineland" in the 1980s. Along with the final name change came the introduction of other rides and attractions to garner a larger appeal.
While there are only fifteen rides and two roller coasters, the combination of amusements and marine attractions keep guests pouring in each year.
There are a variety of fun rides that will delight all ages, some with a little more thrill than others:
- Dragon Mountain - This centerpiece ride, which Marineland boasts is the world's largest steel roller coaster, loops majestically over the park. The ride spans 30 acres of land and sends guests screaming through tunnels, vertical loops and a bowtie loop.
- Sky Screamer - Another record holder, the Sky Screamer is the world's highest triple tower ride, taking riders 450 feet up at speeds up to 60 miles per hour, for an amazing view of Niagara falls and the Marineland park.
- Orca Screamer - Kids get a Sky Screamer just their size!
- Bumble Bee - This kid friendly ride provides plenty of spinning family fun.
- Kandu's Twister - A classic teacup ride with a whale theme.
- Viking Adventure - This carousel has a decidedly different feel with Viking boats.
- Sky Hawk - Guests get to soar like a bird over Marineland in this spinning ride.
Other rides include a Tivoli Wheel, Wave Swinger, Hurricane Cove, a kiddie sized Lady Bug Roller Coaster, Space Avenger and Boat Carousel, to name a few.
Marineland offers a number of different ways to view and interact with their marine animals, including:
- Friendship Cove - Above water and underwater viewing shows off the largest whale habitat in the world.
- Arctic Cove - Guests of the park can visit this haven for beluga whales, with three pools for visitors to view both above and below water. Tickets can be purchased at the Arctic Cove kiosk for guests to feed and touch the white whales.
Other Animal Attractions
Marineland still maintains part of its original park - a small zoo and petting zoo area. While not as large as a regular zoo, guests will delight in the simplicity of viewing the bears and getting up close and personal while feeding and petting the deer. Fish, buffaloes, and elk are also in the park.
Visitors won't want to miss out on the animal shows at the King Waldorf Stadium and the Aquarium Dome. Dolphins, walruses, and sea lions are ready to entertain and educate visitors throughout the day. Check the park schedule for show times and arrive early for the best seating.
Visiting Marineland Amusement Park in Canada
Visitors to Niagara Falls can easily find this area attraction, located just one mile from the Horseshoe Falls.
The park is open from mid-May through October, although the park closes earlier in September and October. Be advised that while the ticket booths are only open until 5 or 6 p.m. (depending on the season), the park continues to operate until nightfall. Admission is $40 for ages 10 and older, $33 for children 5 to 9 years, and free for children 4 and under. Parking is always free. A Fun Card Season Pass can be purchased for unlimited admission to Marineland for only $5 more!
For more information about Marineland amusement park in Canada, including ticket information, park map, and other details, interested individuals can visit the official website at MarinelandCanada.com, call 905-356-9565, or write to the park at:
8375 Stanley Ave.
Niagara Falls, ON L2E 6X8