Are you looking for a place to enjoy some fun in the sun in the Houston area? SplashTown Houston and Pirates Bay Water Park can provide hours of enjoyment for children and adults looking to cool off and enjoy a wet and refreshing adventure.
SplashTown Houston is located just north of the city in Spring, Texas. Enjoy a variety of terrific rides and attractions when you visit SplashTown.
The park is open seasonally, with daily hours from Memorial Day weekend through mid-August and weekend-only hours from mid-August through September and during May. The park is open from 10 am - 7 pm during the peak summer season; hours fluctuate during other times of the year. See the SplashTown calendar or call 281-355-3300 for exact dates and times the park is open.
You can purchase tickets at the gate or online. For the 2011 season, gate tickets are $34.99 for guests 48-inches and taller are $31.99 for those over the age of two and shorter than 48-inches tall. Online purchasers save $5 per ticket. There is no charge for children under two years old. Season passes are $74.99. Parking is $10 per vehicle. There is a $5 processing fee per online order. See the tickets page to order and verify current pricing.
Water slides for those 42" and taller:
- Stingray Racer: Enjoy riding on the only 6-lane octopus-style water slide in the state of Texas
- Thunder Run: Relax on this family-friendly tube ride
- Zoom Flumes: Tandem tubing slide
Water slides for those 48" and taller:
- Big Spin: Enjoy spinning down a funnel-style waterslide
- RipQurl: Experience the sensation of traveling up to 26 feet per second on your own or in pairs
- Shotgun Falls: Race a friend down this 30-foot slide
- Texas freefall: Five-story freefall waterslide for the adventurous members of your group
- Tornado: Start your journey down a 132-foot tunnel from a platform located 75 feet off the ground
The minimum height requirement for both of SplashTown's raft rides is 42 inches.
- Space Rapids: Enclosed tube ride with three flumes
- Thunder Run: Multiple passenger tube ride
- Blue Lagoon Activity Pool: Play in a pool featuring a rope swing, geysers and a water pool
- Wild Wave Pool: Enjoy floating on waves and body surfing
SplashTown's family rides are designed for families with young children.
- Tree House Island: Interactive water experience for everyone in the family
- Guadalupe River Adventure: Tube down a lazy river
- Leaky Pipes: Kids' water activity center featuring slides and swings; just for kids under 50-inches tall (unless accompanied by an adult)
- Crocodile Isle: Play area just for youngsters under 50-inches tall (unless accompanied by an adult)
Children under 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult throughout the time they are in the park. Small children must remain within arms' reach of a parent or responsible adult. Height requirements vary by ride, as detailed above. For complete restrictions and other information, see the frequently asked questions page.
Additional Options and Features
If you're planning to come to the park with four or more guests, you may want to consider booking a cabana rental package. For $125 on weekends and $100 on weekdays, you can receive admission for four guests, a full-day cabana rental, food and beverage wait service and one bottle of water for each person in your group. The higher end package also features 4 meal deals, 4 tube rentals, 4 souvenir towels, a bottle of sunscreen and more for $175 on weekends and $150 on weekdays. See the cabana rentals page for full details.
Pirates Bay Water Park
Pirates Bay is located just east of Houston in Baytown, Texas. It provides three full acres of water activities based on a buccaneer theme.
The park is open seasonally. Hours are 11 am - 7 pm during the peak summer season. Hours may vary early and late in the season. Generally, the facility is open every day beginning Labor Day weekend and continuing throughout June, July and the beginning of August and on weekends during May, the second half of August and September. See the parks events page call 251-422-1150 for exact dates and hours.
For 2011, daily admission prices are $17 for guests 48-inches and taller and $12 for guests who are less than 48-inches tall. A limited number of individual and family season passes are made available each year, with exact pricing based on family size and state of residency. For 2011, individual resident season passes were $85 and $320 for a family of four. For exact pricing and season pass availability, see the hours and admissions page.
There are family-friendly attractions located throughout the park. Options include:
- Flowrider surf machine
- Lazy river
- Space bowl
- Tube slides
- Body slide
- Multiple lane mat slide
- Lap pool
- Water play area with dumping bucket
- Climbing wall
- Additional features
Youngsters under age 13 are not admitted unless accompanied by a parent or another responsible adult. Most slides have a 48" height requirement. See PBW FAQs for a complete list of restrictions and regulations.
Additional Options and Features
Make your day even more fun by renting one of the three private cabanas located poolside at Pirate's Bay. In addition to park admission, cabanas can be rented for $100 per day on weekdays and for $150 per day on weekends.
If you're bringing a big group to the park, or hosting a party there, you may want to consider renting the indoor pavilion. It's air conditioned and outfitted with a kitchen and restroom. The facility can be rented for $300 per day on weekends. Hourly rentals are available on weekdays only; the fee is $50 per hour.
Enjoy Water Activities in Houston
The fact that Houston is located far away from the shoreline doesn't mean that you can't enjoy fun in the sun and water nearby. Visit SplashTown Houston or Pirates Bay Water Park any time you need a little wet and wild fun close to the big city.